Saturday 18 February 2012

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Inspired Make Up Tutorial


Today I will be doing a tutorial for the Olsen twins signature look- The Brown Smoky Eye. They wear this look day and night, and adapt it just my simply changing their lip colour. This make up really makes green eyes pop so is great for creating a bright eye effect. Enjoy the tutorial :)

For The Face
Foundation: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in shade 52
Blusher: Rimmel Multi-Tonal Powder Blush in 'Autumn Catwalk'

For The Eyes

Step 1: Prime your eyes, I used UD Primer Potion. (See my Top 3 Eye Shadow Primer Review here. )  .

Step 2: Apply a Medium-Brown Bronze (I used Smog by Urban Decay) all over the lower part of your lid and blend into your crease.


Step 3: Using that same colour on a slightly larger brush, apply it along the lower lash line, bringing it slightly further down that you usually would.



Step 4: Apply an inner corner highlight using a light frost colour (I used Shroom by MAC).


Step 5: Line your upper and lower waterline with a deep black eye liner ( I used Smoulder by MAC).


Step 6: Curl eyelashes and apply a volumizing mascara.  


Step 7: The Olsen twins often have thick, defined eyebrows, so I used MAC Penultimate Brow Pen, to fill them in and MAC Brown Set to tame them and make sure all the hairs are going in the right direction!


For The Lips

For daytime they tend to wear light pink lips. I used 'Lovelorn' by MAC.


For Night-time they vamp it up with a deep red shade of lipstick/lip gloss. I used Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss in number 17, which has great pay-off and smells AMAZING!


I hope you found this tutorial helpful and don't forget to follow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment